How slowly should you raise Alk?

rk4435

Market
Reaction score
I have an end goal of 9.5 and I'm at 8.45 (Hanna checker) now. How slowly should I go to get to the end goal?

My corals looks better and better as the Alk rises.

I would probably do that over 3 days, but I've heard 1 dkh per day isn't going to stress too much out assuming your nutrients align with your end goal. LNS = Low alk, HNS = high alk

bRS has some guidelines that I trust. Just can't remember them at the moment. Check out their online calculator.

0.5 dKh per day is my suggestion. Remember, nothing good ever happens fast in a reef tank. No reason not to raise it slowly over even 3 days as Tony suggested. Your Alk is not in the danger zone, so why risk a 1 pt increase in 1 dosage? Just my 2 cents fwiw.

Thanks, I went slightly under last nights dose that took me from 8.10 to 8.45. Mastering the chemistry part is probably the most difficult in the hobby.

Atlanta Aquarium;1015163 wrote: You should be fine raising your alk 1dkh per day.

Split the doses if your going this route. Half in the morning and half at night. Test same time each time and atleast an hour after dosing. Which dose does not matter as long as it's a static time going forward.

Back