How Tall Is Your Stand?

hzheng33

Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
Peachtree Corners (Near Norcross High School)
I understand this is more/less of a personal preference, but if y'all don't mind, can you tell me how tall is your tank stand in addition to the length and height of your tank. Much appreciated. Just want to gauge where people stand, no pun intended, on the height of their stand.

Mine is about 2 inches to tall... I have to stand on my tippy toes or my arm pit gets wet when I reach the bottom.

I've always wondered what deodorant might do to to the corals but I guess it's better then the alternative ;-)

38" for me to the top of stand.Makes it easy to work under tank.

40" with 30" tall glass. 30" for a 12" glass. IMO, the 40" stand is a little to tall like Raj said, its a pain to reach the bottom of the tank. The 30" stand is also a little to short. I think the perfect height would be where the your viewing level is about 3/8 up the front glass.

To me. It is just about your choice of equipments that can fit underneath it. Also, hate to bend down to look for fish or corals

It's all about the angle you plan to view it from. I enjoy sitting on the couch looking at my tank eye level. The same way a proper viewing angle for a TV should be. I don't want a crick in my neck from looking at either, and, don't want to have to stand for a optimal viewing angle. I also wanted my two small children to be able to walk up and view things. With all that being said.

Tank is 48"L x 25"T x 24"D. My stand is 24" tall. I don't have to fit anything underneath, so, I had freedom to make it any height I wanted.

Back