How to do this?

linda lee

Market
Reaction score
This is how I'd like to set up my system, but I don't know how feasible this is.

The plan is to build a stand which will contain a shelf for the 'fuge with enough clearance for a fuge light.

There will be a cabinet door which will conceal the sump and a panel above it which will conceal all but the 20g fuge. The 90g above will either be topped by a canopy or a T-5 light fixture.

What I have so far:

~ 90g is drilled with a corner overflow / durso.

~ 20g is drilled in the top-left back

~ 33g is undrilled

--------------------------------------

Seeking suggestions on how to plumb this and what equipment to use. The goal is to keep this system as quiet as possible.

Below is a rough sketch, not to scale.

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/259/259287/folders/277684/222116290gallonset-up.JPG" alt="" />

How tall is your stand?

(the perfect answer is "I haven't built it yet")

tsciarini;82090 wrote: How tall is your stand?

(the perfect answer is "I haven't built it yet")

Well then, I have the perfect answer. Stand will not be built until I have a good blueprint for the set-up, so I'm flexible in its design. We'll probably build a sturdy frame and give the set-up a test run before facing and trimming the cabinet.

Then...

YES!! Linda Lee!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

tsciarini;82112 wrote: Then...

YES!! Linda Lee!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Hurray! Now I just need to know where Tab A goes into Slot B ... etc etc etc

Yes, Linda, you can</em> do it, and I actually like the design very much. It's very similar to my setup, although my 'fuge is elevated to go over my external return pump.

sump2-c.jpg
alt="" />

wbholwell;82123 wrote: Yes, Linda, you can</em> do it, and I actually like the design very much. It's very similar to my setup, although my 'fuge is elevated to go over my external return pump.

I remember you saying yours was like this and was hoping for a picture. Thanks! May need to take a trip out to Sugar Hill sometime to see this set-up in action.

Thanks, guys. I posted a pic awhile back under the "show your sump" thread too. Feel free to drop by anytime to check out the setup.

Back