how to get a clam off a rock

victor626nj

Market
Reaction score
ok i want to get my clam off this rock ..is there a way to tease it off with out hurting it i dont care if it takes me a week to get him off i just dont want him there ..thanks in advance victor....oh yeah i know about cutting the foot but would you like it if i cut you i dont think so

Victor, the byssal threads are like your hair, the clam has no sensation of them. If you can cut the threads as far from the clam as you can (ensuring you do not hit the byssal gland), it should be no problem. Some other techniques are to point a powerhead at the clam, and it should agitate it to let go. I do not endorse the ice cube method, because it puts a lot of very negative stimulus to the clam quickly.

Victor... I apologize...I had anenome on my brain not clam... Ugh

jmaneyapanda;124002 wrote: Victor, the byssal threads are like your hair, the clam has no sensation of them. If you can cut the threads as far from the clam as you can (ensuring you do not hit the byssal gland), it should be no problem. Some other techniques are to point a powerhead at the clam, and it should agitate it to let go. I do not endorse the ice cube method, because it puts a lot of very negative stimulus to the clam quickly.
thanks dude i knew russ was smoking that good stuff lol jk

I've had to cut a clam off a rock once. I just cut as far away from the clam as I could. It didn't seem to bother it, a few days later I had it attached to a clam shell and it is still to this day rather happy.

Matt

Good info guys... learn something new on here pretty much every day.

Back