How to get zoos off of a rock

reeftankjunkie

Supporting
Reaction score
I have a huge rock in my tank that is covered on green zoos. This thing takes up the whole left side of my tank, and I wanted to try to get them off so I will have more room for SPS. Does anyone have any tricks to getting these these removed. I could even bring the whole rock to the meeting tonight, if someone thinks they can get them off, we can add them to the FREE frag pile.

Here's a
a>on fragging zoas.  I'm sure you are aware that you have to be very careful of toxins...

Here is a thread from RC that has pics of someone fragging a rock of zoas. Hope it helps.
showthread.php

Maybe we can get Phillip Root to show you as part of the demos? I'd be game for a few more zoas if they can be split successfully.

I do the gloves and yank method. Seems to work. If you want to frag them in the future, just put a small rock next to them and let them grow onto it.

You can also throw some rabbitfish in there... ;)

Just bite them off. Call 911. If that doesn't work, repeat.
****disclaimer****
Please don't.

flinster;136769 wrote: Just bite them off. Call 911. If that doesn't work, repeat.
****disclaimer****
Please don't.

Hey, they taste like chicken.

Oh wait.........didn't...read...disclaimer.......evreything....goin'....black.....:sick: :sick:

reeftankjunkie;136774 wrote: Hey, they taste like chicken.

Oh wait.........didn't...read...disclaimer.......evreything....goin'....black.....:sick: :sick:

Ha! I know where you live. Please the door unlocked, will help pay for funeral with frags sold!

Back