How to kill remnant SPS?

acroholic

Lifetime
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I moved a colony of M. digitata and replaced it with some M. setosa. I just noticed that the digitata remnants had regrown onto the setosa plug (back side) and was killing the setosa.

What's the best way to kill off the straggler bits of digitata? I scraped the first time, but the stuff is tenacious. I was thinking of kalk paste. Sound good? Only thing I dislike about kalk paste is it can hurt anything else it drops on other than the target.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Dave

I've used kalk paste a number of times for that reason. Turn off your pumps for 15-20mins while the kalk is doing it's thing, then siphon off the paste and turn the pumps back on.

mojo;306209 wrote: I've used kalk paste a number of times for that reason. Turn off your pumps for 15-20mins while the kalk is doing it's thing, then siphon off the paste and turn the pumps back on.

that will do it.

I think the kalk method may be good. I can't really chip off the remnants, as it would probably break the rock and undermine the pieces on top of it. The remnants are actually pretty big.
Dave

Can you take it out and cut it off with a dremel? That's what I just did with some xenia that would die!

I ended up mixing up some kalk paste and applying it with a syringe. Not an easy thing to do, but hopefully it worked.

I would have liked to Dremel it off, but the rock was under a bunch of others.
Dave

Back