how to make a sump???

Reefplumber13

Market
Reaction score
ok guys i have a 10gal and im wanting to mak it a sump for a another 10gal i have my dad wants it bc he wants a salt water tank but only has room for a 10 so this is what i have 2 10gals and a stand ill try to get pics of it up later. what im asking is any one know of a site or a video that will show me how to make one step by step and tell me what all ill need

jgilley84;243278 wrote: ok guys i have a 10gal and im wanting to mak it a sump for a another 10gal i have my dad wants it bc he wants a salt water tank but only has room for a 10 so this is what i have 2 10gals and a stand ill try to get pics of it up later. what im asking is any one know of a site or a video that will show me how to make one step by step and tell me what all ill need
I have an extra 10 gallon you can have,,, just have to clean it out..was a turtle tank no chemicals were ever used in it..

here are some designs
a>

what size hole I only have a bit for 1" bulheads but if you buy the bit off ebay ( less than $10) and bring it by I will drill it for you. Its not tempered is it?

If you go out to DrNecropolis's this week then bring the Tank I live nearby.

I have drilled 2 10 gal tanks using a diamond bit in a dremel tool. Worked fine

guys i have tons more ?'s like can i use pvc gule on the pipes for the plumbing and what size skimmer do i need for a 10gal would a hob work???

PVC glue is fine. I usually let mine set up several hours before use. If you are worried about appearance you can get the clear primer. Might be a little more expensive but if the pipes are going to be hidden the purple is fine.

Back