how to make BakPak bubble trap?

stickx911

Market
Reaction score
I'm looking to make a small bubble trap for my bakpak skimmer. there is an internal and external, the internal gets poor reviews, but the external seems like an expensive little acrylic box. Any ideas on how to make something like this?

The acrylic box is procured by purchasing some 10 or 20 pack of blank CDs

Google Skimmer Bubble Trap DIY CD Case and see what you get......

Or maybe it was floppy discs

Hmmmm, oh well its something like that.

I think I might have one of those somewhere in the basement. Will let you know if I find it.

I think it is just an overpriced acrylic box. If you need some material i have a couple small pieces (7"x14") of acrylic left over from my sump build that you can have if you want to come get it.

Dakota9;327981 wrote: The acrylic box is procured by purchasing some 10 or 20 pack of blank CDs

Google Skimmer Bubble Trap DIY CD Case and see what you get......

Or maybe it was floppy discs

Hmmmm, oh well its something like that.

thanks for the lead, but to no avail. I couldn't find it. (but I'll def keep looking)

tgray3;327997 wrote: I think it is just an overpriced acrylic box. If you need some material i have a couple small pieces (7"x14") of acrylic left over from my sump build that you can have if you want to come get it.

indeed they are overpriced boxes. I'm not too handy in terms of building from scratch, but I may take you up on that.

Thanks a bunch for the offer!!!!

I found it! Also have a combo box available as well. LMK if you're still in need of one.

Back