How to make my anthias more social

ksicard

Market
Reaction score
I recently picked up 4 purple queen anthias's and I know they are very difficult due to their dietary needs and what not. But regardless I have that covered, feedings 2x-3x a day along with live foods to help get them started eating. I've had them for about a month now and they seem to be healthy but I've run into one concern for myself. The male and 1 female purple queen are sociable and out quite often, but the other 2 females don't seem to have the same traits and stay hidden and don't come out unles it's 5am and then at about 7 30- 8 am they return to their rocks. I would like to get all 4 to school and be out for viewing purposes during the day, but only the 2 i mentioned earlier seem to do that. How can I get my other 2 purple queens to follow their trend and all school together throughout the day? I forgot to mention that there is no bullying of any kind and I dont see any visible limiting factors of why they would choose to hide.

My current live stock:
pencil wrasse
tomini tang
yellow tang
blue spotted jawfish
4 purple queen anthias's

Water parameters: as of 4/18/13
specific gravity: 1.026
temp: 79 degrees farenheit
PH:8.1
Nitrates: 6ppm
phosphates:0.08ppm
Ca: 465ppm
Mg: 1320ppm
DKH: 8.4 DKH
TDS of RODI water: 3ppm

My anthias just took a long time before they cam out. Matter of fact i thought i lost 1 foe about 2 weeks untill one day he was out. Just give them some more time to adapt. Also im assuming this is a decent size tank?

Back