How to plumb up your rodi

gajeep94yj

Market
Reaction score
Starting a new thread since the last went pretty far off topic with pressures and such.

I have my rodi hooked up to a faucet diverter on my garage sink. My pressures only stay around 20psi. I know that's to low. Is that diverter killing my pressures? The rest of the house is in the 40s, so my thought is the diverter or the way that sink is hooked up is killing the pressures.

I don't particularly want to sweat in a value on the copper lines for the unit but of that is what is required I can.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The recommended pressure for your membrane to function properly is around 60 or 65psi. So your probably going to need a booster pump. :(.

This is the faucet adapter I use:

diverter_valve.jpg
alt="" />

FWIW, I use the same adapter and it doesn't affect my water pressure.

While it might not be the valve, something is restricting flow. Pics are usually worth a thousand words... Might post some pics of the entire rig plumbed up.

How old are all the pre-filters on the unit?

Also, with shark bite fittings, sweating of pipes is not necessary if you want to hard plumb the system in. My line pressure went up about 10 psi when I hard plumbed directly into a supply line vs. running off of a faucet. You loose pressure over distance and from friction in fittings. The shorter the distance to the main supply line, the better the pressure.

Though, with all that said, if all you can get out of your supply line is 40 PSI, (like others have said) I suggest you invest in a booster pump or permeate pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the pressure in the rest of the house is 40, it's already too low, as somebody else mentioned. You need 65 PSI to get an RO to work at best efficiency.

Even with proper pressure that kind of diverter may interfere. You're better off with a faucet adapter or a needle valve right on the water source.

Jenn

Been talking to the brs guy about my water pressure. They say ideally about 85-90 since that what the booster pump helps put out. They should work ok with 65 but will be much better in the range of 85-90.

Also last time I plumped my rodi unit, I forgot to put the reflow before the waste water. Doesnot matter what I do or even use the the booster pump, water pressure is always like 20-25. Once I put the reflow back in and bam, water pressure went up to 85 . Doesnot even need the booster pump install. That is just my experience with rodi

BLACK REEF;1061392 wrote: Also last time I plumped my rodi unit, I forgot to put the reflow before the waste water. Doesnot matter what I do or even use the the booster pump, water pressure is always like 20-25. Once I put the reflow back in and bam, water pressure went up to 85 . Doesnot even need the booster pump install. That is just my experience with rodi

Agree with needing the reflow (didn't know that was the name) but you should have a little "nipple end" inside at the beginning of the output waste water line.

Honestly without pictures of your setup, it's really hard to help you.

Sorry been busy lately.

I'll get pics tonight.

What's a reflow?
Filters are less than a month or two old. Just replaced them, but had the same pressure on the old set.

Flow 600 is a flow restrictor. You NEED that for the unit to function properly, and the flow restrictor must correspond to the membrane capacity. 600 is for a 75 gpd membrane.

If you can't up the pressure, either get a booster pump (electric) or a permeate pump (not electric). It will up your efficiency.

I'd be afraid using that diverter, with good water pressure - the tubing could fly off the nipple.

Jenn

Have you tried to find the main supply line coming in to your house? There will be a valve some where close to where it comes in. If you run the valve all the way in. You will get a lil more water pressure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Back