How to replace bearings on vortech MP10 (EASY!)

joseayes

Market
Reaction score
:shades:
Well, you could replace them of course if your vortech pump is out of warranty, and knowing that pump is noiser than most of the rest of the pumps in your tank.
I gonna make it as simple as possible, hope I can help anyone in here trying to save that money and invested in more corals!!!! :yay:
Numbers in order the pics are showing.
Ask me here at this thread or send me a pm if you need any help with those older pumps hehehe!
1.- hook blade for opening the case. Carefully if you attemp.
2.- case open.
3.- under the label.
4.- assembly inside the case with 3 screws.
5.- remove the flat magnet in one side while holding other side with flat screwdriver.
6.- flat magnet removed.
7.- the other side, remove 3 screws.
8.- screws removed.
9.- opposite side, make sure you have the right of magnet for have it reassembled.
10.- rotor out.
11. Ahhhh, this is the most complicated for most, and it could be you getting a renewed pump or you making a mess and buying and expending more money, I can't afford that, I want to do it right the first time, hope you too.
12.- Bearings out!
13.- Cover the magnet really well as you enjoy some peppermint because you come all of the way to step 12 with no problemo! (use the empty metal box to protect the magnet, you don't want to make any, any damage to that.
14.- help me find the bearing size/source Hahaha!
zy7ety5e.jpg
alt="" />
7ajy3umy.jpg
alt="" />
a5e4e7e9.jpg
alt="" />
uda6egub.jpg
alt="" />
yryredej.jpg
alt="" />
juqematu.jpg
alt="" />
ujytutuh.jpg
alt="" />
urynepe6.jpg
alt="" />
e3e6aba6.jpg
alt="" />
uqatypav.jpg
alt="" />
ete5azar.jpg
alt="" />
hy3unune.jpg
alt="" />
dahaze4a.jpg
alt="" />
e9ugagyn.jpg
alt="" />
myve9y2y.jpg
alt="" />

Well I'm not a bearings expert and already know that there is two different sizes used in the MP10's depending on the manufacturer date and before I make any order on bearings I need help.
I need to find the right size of this bearings, does it have to be meassure in 16ths, 32nds, 64ths or milimeters?
what I got was 14.71mm x 4.9mm W x 8.22mm inside ring, please help as I guess I have meassured wrong. Thank you.

alot of times on bearings there are part numbers, sometimes they are really small though.

Back