How to tap off main return?

walterp1982

Market
Reaction score
So I got a really nice DC adjustable return pump, and my return line is 3/4" flex tubing.

I really want to Tee off the return line to add a small carbon/gfo reactor, which will take 1/2" flex tubing.

What is the best avenue of approach here? A standard 90 degree barbed fitting, or do you think sharkbite would work? I'd like to avoid unnecessary head pressure

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd use a barbed T. Keep your original hose in line and off the T run a short piece of 3/4" hose and use a 3/4" to 1/2" adaptor and run a 1/2" hose to your reactor with a small ball valve in between the T and the reactor.

Or try to find a 3/4" x 3/4" x 1/2" T and use 1/2" hose to your reactor with a ball valve inline.

Also be sure to use plastic hose clamps in respective sizes to prevent the hose from popping off due to changes in pressure. Might not happen today or tomorrow but probably when your out of town at the beach.

And since your adding one port. Might as well add two ports in case you run another reactor. Just buy another barbed ball valve. Home Depot has some in the drip irrigation section. They normally have green caps on the handle.

Back