How to treat a fish with ick without a quarantine set up

oryansreef

Market
Reaction score
I have one fish that has ick and no QT, can I treat my tank and if so what should I treat it with?

There is no way to treat a fish while it is the DT. If one fish has ich, its only a matter of time before other fish show signs.

The ONLY way to treat ich is to pull all the fish out, let the tank go fallow for 6-9 weeks and treat the fish in QT with copper or hyposalinity. Now, that might not be an option for some people... do you what you can to eliminate stress on the fish and make sure he keeps eating. You can try garlic to help stimulate appetite.

Now the ich cysts may disappear from the fish, but the fish still has it and every fish from now on will be susceptible.

He is fed well, stress is coming from Blue hippo tang, he is a powder brown tang, when I got Dori I didn't realize how big it would get. It is time to go sad to say.

Ich will forever be in the tank until it is fallow for 72 days

Also keep in mind that tangs are very prone to itch too. I will keep the stress level down + maybe feed it healthy stuff ( no frozen or live). Hook up an UV light if u have any and observe. Most of the time it will go our on it own.

The sunsun filter helps to create a successful tank or building a successful tank helps the OP?

Back