How to treat this algae on my acan and get it healthy again?

Hunna

Supporting
Contest Committee
Reaction score
Basically title. I missed this algae growth due to moving the past few weeks and the angle this little fella was at in my tank. Upon moving my tank on Sunday, I noticed the little head was almost completely gone and covered in this long algae. What’s the best way to get this acan happy again?

Attachments

• 49E4FFD7-BC49-4F29-9EE4-A8C68D0210DC.jpeg
    49E4FFD7-BC49-4F29-9EE4-A8C68D0210DC.jpeg
    329.3 KB · Views: 34
It looks a lot like a type of bryopsis that I've dealt with. The only thing that has really worked for me is fluconazole. I use Reefflux or FluxRX. Both are a powder that you treat your whole tank with. In my experience it's a pain but the flux works really well.

You can peroxide dip LPS? I've only ever done it with zoas. Do tell...

It looks like the same type of Bryopsis I've been dealing with and if so, it just giggles at peroxide..

For how long?
Here ya go

Here ya go

Thx,
Thx, Great guide! I have dipped all my coral in preroxide and have found issues with only a favia and a blasto so I dont dip those anymore.

Yeah I fried a few acans and acros before I found that dosing guide.

I just got a cyphastria frag that had a bunch of algea on it, scrubbed it decently and then 3 min in peroxide and its the cleanest frag in there right now. If something still lives, just do it again.

Here ya go

Thank you! So according to that, I’ll want around 250-300 ml of peroxide to 1 liter of tank water? And for 5 minutes?

Back