How you frag Zoa?

ouling

Market
Reaction score
I can't think of a way to get them on a rubble rock or a plug. Do you have to place them near the plug and let them move themselves? That probably requires a frag tank and time and more money so please don't give me advice that requires more money. Thanks.

the best thing to do is use a razor blade and scalpel to cut underneath the polyps you want to frag off. with a little effort you can usually slice off a little bit of the rock and then just glue that piece of the rock to a plug or rock.

just please remember to wear gloves and eye protection around these guys, they are toxic.

Agreed with above, but they will grow onto rock and such that is near them as well. Depending on the zoo this can be pretty quick or take some time.

I know people who just pull them like a weed and glue them back onto something else, but a razor blade is the prefered method by most.

glxtrix;42770 wrote: just please remember to wear gloves and eye protection around these guys, they are toxic.
Excellent point and they actually squirt water which can easily get in your eyes.

I frag them on a daily basis at the shop. You want a clean cut and it also works best if you have a little bit of rubble that they are attached to to work with. You can buy good little fragging tools from many retailers.
1) Wear proper eye protection and gloves.
2) Remove zoo from tank and examine where to cut (look for an easy straight line)
3) Rinse off frag before it is to be glued.
4) Take frag plug (preferably dried) and use super glue (I like loctite gel formula) and gently press your frag into a small mound of super glue.
5) Take your frag and dip it into the water for just a couple of seconds and pull it out. This makes a quick skin dry for the frag.
6) Place it back into system near where it used to be to reduce stress on the animal.

Back