HW reef salt

savingnemo754

Market
Reaction score
Has anyone ever used HW reef salt? I had never heard of it til last thursday. I was told that it was outstanding form the person who sells it, but he wants to sell more of it. So, that being said I would like to know if wnyone has used it and what your experiences are.

Yes, I started my tank out with it and it worked well for me. But I have since went to Tropic marin and then to Instant Ocean. My tank looks the same with all 3. The dosing levels had to be changed for each brand .In my opinion it is not worth the difference in price.

I am using it now. No problems. It was recomended to me as well primarily because of a higher calcium element.

I tend to bounce around a little with salt. They all have different levels of the same elements. I just like to see how my tank reacts to different salts.
Oddly enough...my leathers seem to be particularly happy with HW.

I've been doing some research and I think I will give it a try in my next adventure. Currently I have 4 tanks in the basement that are all dry, but not for long. I will be setting up 2 40 gal breeders for a lighting experiment between T-5 and Metal Halides. Should be fun and I will need everyone's help to obtain pairs from the same parent colonies. But I have to get the lights first.

Back