Hydrogen Peroxide dipping a frag plug

I've dipped with hydrogen peroxide for 30 seconds... the corals didn't like it, but no long term effects.

It should but as resilient as that is you may have to dip it more than once. I would apply full strenght with a Qtip to affected areas before dipping. Maybe someone that's done it will chime in.

Yep. Might take a follow up dip a few days later. Manually remove as much as you can first

What kind of coral? I wouldn't try it on sps. And definitely dilute the peroxide. .

Ringo®;989268 wrote: Yep. Might take a follow up dip a few days later. Manually remove as much as you can first

What kind of coral? I wouldn't try it on sps. And definitely dilute the peroxide. .

It's on an Efflo. What is the dilution rate?

I would go the coralrx route. Peroxide seems a little too harsh on sps.

put the plug on a piece of light diffuser outside the tank and take a syringe and cover the PLUG with your normal 3% peroxide for ten minutes. (or just remove the coral from the plug.)

I have dipped several frags ranging from softies to sps I use a 1/4 ratio and let them set in the solution for 5 mins it will stress some sps but all the ones i have dipped have recovered after a few days or you can just dip the plug and hold the coral out of the solution to minimize exposure

Ralph ATL;989288 wrote: put the plug on a piece of light diffuser outside the tank and take a syringe and cover the PLUG with your normal 3% peroxide for ten minutes. (or just remove the coral from the plug.)

^This....Jeff anyway to just remove the frag? Even if its encrusted a little I wouldnt want to risk introducing bryopsis if thats truley what it is...

cment;989316 wrote: ^This....Jeff anyway to just remove the frag? Even if its encrusted a little I wouldnt want to risk introducing bryopsis if thats truley what it is...

It is most definitely bryopsis. I don't know if I can get the Efflo off the plug without breaking it apart. That's why I was thinking about dipping. I think I'm just going to put it in my QT tank which is dosed with TechM to prevent bryopsis.

Back