hydrometer question

roundman

Market
Reaction score
OK first I know I need a refractometer but if a hydro dries out for a few weeks will it go bad?

After a check of my refractometers calibration yesterday I tested it against the swingarm.

Get a refractometer now! The difference was remarkable. They are dirt cheap on ebay.

Yers, I could have nuked my tank because of my old seatest hydrometer...

I followed the steps to calibrate my refractometer, just to find it was already adjusted to -0- with no adjustment needed.

Since we all have virtually the same refractometer (cheap but nice one off of ebay that is shipped from china) I was wondering if anyone else experienced the lack of need for initial adjustment like the booklet said it would need?

I guess calibrating was the wrong word....I verified mine versus another using water from the same tank. Both read the same so actually mine needed no calibration when received.

The numbers were so different from the swingarm I had to make sure beyond a doubt that this instrument was working properly and it did.

I havn't used a meter for the past 90 gallons worth of water change since mine is broken. The taste test works pretty good for me, and my mouth have been accurate on 1.025 like nothing else on the market. Just ask IHaveADane.

Hmmmm Ouling tests salinity by taste and stares into 40watt metal halide bulbs to test the par..........

Thats hard core reefing man.........

Back