I am finally back in the hobby

serpent

Market
Reaction score
After a two year hiatus, I am finally getting back into the hobby. I found this great club right before I transfered jobs and had to get out of the hobby. Well, I am not traveling every week and was finally able to settle down and start a family.

Well, I have started setting up a 55 gallon that was given to me and I am right in the middle of the build right now. I will post the progress as I get there.

Here are a few pics of the new stand I had to build (per the wife's suggestion....:unsure:). I have to build the doors, but that can wait.:)
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
228459=13540-DSC_0113.jpg
>
228459=13540-DSC_0113.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSC_0113.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
228459=13541-DSC_0199.jpg
>
228459=13541-DSC_0199.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSC_0199.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
228459=13542-DSC_0200.jpg
>
228459=13542-DSC_0200.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSC_0200.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
228459=13543-DSC_0327.jpg
>
228459=13543-DSC_0327.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSC_0327.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Let me know how you're going to build the doors. I work at a custom mill and may be able to get you some pretty cool stuff for free from our cull pile. Also, if you need any crown for the canopy i can probably hook you up. Just trying to keep the stuff from the landfill. Looking good so far!

Thanks. I have some scrap red oak boards that I will be using for the outside of the doors, but I haven't decided on what the inlay of the doors will be yet. Right now, I will be going hoodless. I just bought a Current USA Nova Pro to sit on top with the stand off legs. I will try to post more pics tonight on the additional progress.

Won't be at the meeting tonight. Wife and I are getting ready for our daughters first birthday party. My honey do list is getting longer by the day. :) Oh, and thanks for the welcome back.

Dito on the Welcome back! My wife already has me started on our son's first birthday...and its not till April 09!

Thanks everyone, it is great being back. I will probably post a progression/build thread to show the progress of the build.

Welcome back:up: . Glad to see another tank here in Dallas. If you need something let me know.

johnr2604;228774 wrote: Welcome back:up: . Glad to see another tank here in Dallas. If you need something let me know.

Thanks, but I moved from Dallas about 2 years ago when I transfered. I am not too far though, I now live in Kennesaw. I have submitted to the mods to change it, so hopefully it will change soon. Thanks for the offer, I might pick your brain. :fish:

bookysocks;228788 wrote: I said that about 3 years ago for a set of dining room cabinets I built. I haven't built the doors yet.:D
Dude, don't tell me that. :D I think the wife will demand it since our daughter loves climbing in things, such as cabinets. I have already caught her trying to climb into the tank when it was on the floor. :eek:

Back