I Got A Peice Of The Beast!

basscyn

Market
Reaction score
I got a frag of the "monster" leather. About fist size. I have no idea what to do with it. Right now it is just sitting in a bowl in my tank. Do I just rubber band it to a rock or what.

Please help.

Thanks!!

aceheart1976;183599 wrote: awww man, i want a piece of that thing too. who actually got it? and how many frags are they going to do from it?

Sorry man...thats CLASSIFIED!
:whistling:

Edward Scissorhands will reveal himself soon enough..

DUDE hook a brotha up. where are you at what times this week. I still need to get the switch and would love a frag of your avitar!

I didn't want to thread jack, so I will keep it short.. Sorry to hear about your grandpa! If you still have my cell #give me a call when you can...

Jason

dawgdude;183622 wrote: Sorry Chris! Ive been a bit busy lately. BTW you got the smallest frag that came off! It ended up in about 3 massive pieces and 2 smaller pieces. The best way I have found it to get fabric mesh or bridal veil and wrap that around the leather so it can still get light and flow. This will keep it from floating away and wont put a pressure point on it. Rubber bands will work too, but you have to be careful to keep it on there just enough to not cut the leather with the pressure of the rubberband. Let me know if you need some more help with it.

The rubber band did not seem to work to well. It held it on initially just fine...but the leather seemed to swell a bit after a few hours. I took it off. Going after some bridal veil today.

Thanks!

Oh yeah...I may want to split that peice up and put it on two rocks.
Do I just...cut it with a razor blade or something? Can I cut it anywhere? Any tips would ber appreciated.

Try sticking a toothpick through bottom of the frag and rubberband toothpick to rock.

dawgdude;184088 wrote: BTW Chris do those mushrooms look INSANE in your tank too? They are like metallic pink in mine!

Yeah! Some of them look almost neon...under normal lighting too.

Maybe you could advise me a bit here too. These shrooms are already dividing and growing like crazy. I took a loose one that was just attached to some shells and pulled them off and laid it on a rock. I hoped it would just attach. But it looks really bad. Now it just looks like a peice of meat laying on a rock. The shroom is almost gone.

Uhh...is that not the way to frag these?

I wrapped up a couple of peices in the bridal veil.
Does it matter exactly which part is touching the rock. I had a tough time. A good portion of the cut part is exposed.

Will it find a way?

its been about 5 days now. I had to take a peek. The one I unwrapped is not attached yet. How long does it take.

Should I glue it?

Thanks!

Back