i guess i need more coral

hankhill31

Supporting
Reaction score
confused i tested fresh batch of instant ocean that hanna read @ 590 ppm tested twice cause its not reef crystals so it shouldnt be so high 12 days later im at 508 this is slow i have lps and sps in system

Your consumption is pretty low and will increase as you add more coral and they grow. High calcium really has no effect on your system or coral calcification. However, if it gets too high it will depress your alkalinity to dangerous levels.

If your testing calcium in a fresh batch of salt water and it’s coming out that high, there is only two causes. 1- not likely - the batch of instant ocean you got was messed up during manufacturing and too much sodium bicarbonate was added. 2- likely - Your not mixing the salt up enough before you mix it. If your not already dumping your salt into a bucket with a lid I would highly recommend it. Once you put the lid on tight roll and tip the bucket upside down over and over before you add it to the water change barrel. Additives / elements Ect are weighted differently and will sink to the bottom. Just a suggestion. :)

Your consumption is pretty low and will increase as you add more coral and they grow. High calcium really has no effect on your system or coral calcification. However, if it gets too high it will depress your alkalinity to dangerous levels.

If your testing calcium in a fresh batch of salt water and it’s coming out that high, there is only two causes. 1- not likely - the batch of instant ocean you got was messed up during manufacturing and too much sodium bicarbonate was added. 2- likely - Your not mixing the salt up enough before you mix it. If your not already dumping your salt into a bucket with a lid I would highly recommend it. Once you put the lid on tight roll and tip the bucket upside down over and over before you add it to the water change barrel. Additives / elements Ect are weighted differently and will sink to the bottom. Just a suggestion. :)

it was 12 day ago i text u that 590 lol ur text is how i remember i forgot to write it down lol i figured something is wrong i do a waterchange sunday so im mixing sat im going to check again

Back