I have to break down my 30g! :(

twistoflime

Market
Reaction score
My mom is making me break down my 30g reef tank. :sad: I had moved most of my corals into the big tank before my little tank started leaking, so it'll be easier.
I turned off the pump to try to figure out were the leak was coming from. Now, the floor isn't soaking wet anymore, just damp, so I'm not sure where the tank is leaking from. If I can figure it out and fix it, I won't have to tear it down. I'm hoping I won't have to. If I can figure out where the leak is coming from, I'll post here and ask for help on a way to fix it.
Thanks, Diane!

I figured out what is causing it!:yay: The flexibal pipe that leads into the sump has alot of air bubbles in it and it's causing the water to bubble up and out of the sump. I need to fit a lid for that section of the sump. Does anyone know how I could do that or where I could get that done?

Get some 1/8in acrlyic from home depot and fit it to fit show not be to hard.

Mockery;365630 wrote: Get some 1/8in acrlyic from home depot and fit it to fit show not be to hard.
Ok, thanks, I'm just really glad (as long as we can fix it) that I won't have to break down my tank!

Hey hey hey!!
I told you it wasn't the end of your tank, didn't I. Oh, I'm always right!! Lol, jk.
See ya later!!

Actully I still have to break down my tank, I didn't think that I had to since I found the leak but my mom is making me cause she thinks the carpet under the tank is soaked and that it's going to mold. It's almost all the way torn down now :sad:.
Hopefully I'll beable to set it up on tile after this summer is over. It'll become a seahors/pipefish reef.

Bummer. Mom's probably right, though. and, half the fun of the tank is the build, so you have something to look forward to again.

Back