image_zps6b75bc24.png
alt="" />
image_zps6b75bc24.png
alt="" />
image_zps531297fa.png
alt="" />
image_zps94f3c09e.jpg
alt="" />

The water overflows into the skimmer chamber where it is taken to the reactor with a maxi jet 900 and then straight back to the display area. So there's surface skimming, protein skimming, mechanical and chemical filtration.

Of course the pics are all washed out but it actually looks pretty sweet! This is what I did with my morning, just having fun. All of this livestock has been in a 10g tank with a reactor for a while because it either was pulled from my tank or can't go in. A lot of it has aiptasia, bubble, and hair algae so it was pulled. But despite that it looks pretty cool.

The 10g needs to be cleaned out so I naturally went completely overboard with this temp home. It had HA all over the glass. So after doing this all morning I thought I'd make a fun build thread for you guys

Equipment:
Eshopps RS-300
Kessil A-150w Ocean Blue
Phosban 150
Reef Octopus NWB-110
Maxi jet 900
Small heater
Koralia nano powerhead

Stock:
~10 lbs live rock
2 snowflake clownfish
Codium
Dragons breath macro
Duncan
Orange & yellow ricordea
Dendro

:)

Thanks for reading!

Lol if it works.. it works!!! Looks cool man.. would be a great in wall display

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I like it, unique and kind of cool. For real surface skimming drop your sponge about 1" so water spills over.

Nothing wrong about that. Thinking outside the 'glass box'!

I like it!

Carry on...

Jenn

dball711;947167 wrote: I like it, unique and kind of cool. For real surface skimming drop your sponge about 1" so water spills over.

Too worried about my fishies plus I kinda like the sponge. Just gotta rinse and squeeze it out every few day

Acroholic;947174 wrote: Industrial look reef tank.

I like it :)

It actually looks way better in person with the kessil on, and the acrylic is crystal clear now that I've gone over it with a little vinegar and a dry cloth!

It was supposed to be just for fun, I'm going to put everything in a 29 gallon tank with a filter and the reactor and a larger powerhead but I'm going to miss the skimmer lol!

JDavid;947251 wrote: I like it :)

It actually looks way better in person with the kessil on, and the acrylic is crystal clear now that I've gone over it with a little vinegar and a dry cloth!

It was supposed to be just for fun, I'm going to put everything in a 29 gallon tank with a filter and the reactor and a larger powerhead but I'm going to miss the skimmer lol!

don't do it.... leave it the way it is... put a bigger sump below it..lol

that setup looks awesome im with heath just stick another sump under it and roll with it

Maybe I'll just finish my long abandoned stand for the 30 shallow and throw the kessil on it and plumb the sump to it with a mag 5 return pump for the bedroom tank..
Throw the socks back on an move the skimmer to the actual skimmer chamber.
Hmmmm...
All I know right now is I don't mind seeing/hearing that skimmer at all and the kessil has a good spotlight effect that is not too blinding for the bedroom an for being on the same wall (beneath, actually) as the TV

What would the effectiveness of running GFO in a bag be? I went with carbon in the reactor because I wanted more flow going through the "return" to the little display area

Just thinking about letting it run for a week maybe to bring phosphates down and maybe take care of the nuisance algae..

Back