I lost my favorite fish

bobz

Supporting
Reaction score
I came in to my home office this morning expecting to be greeted (as always) by my Midas Blenny. He would sit in his barnacle watching for me and swim to the front of the tank when ever I came near the tank. I searched frantically around the rock work hoping to find him in another hole. Unfortunately, I found him on the floor behind my tank. :sad:

He must have jumped last night after I fed them and went downstairs for the night. My Gold-strip Maroon has been getting defensive since I added the BTA to the tank, and keeps everyone away from that part of the tank. Yesterday the BTA relocated closer to the Midas' barnacle and I think that he jumped because he was being chased by the clown. This tank has a hood and the only opening is on the back of the tank, about and inch wide. This is the first fish I have lost to a swan dive on the floor and my first loss of an established fish since I set the tank up a year ago. It was devastating to find him on the floor. I have added some egg crate to the back of the tank just in case anyone else feels the urge to follow. Man, this sucks. Later ....
BZ

bobz;143759 wrote: I came in to my home office this morning expecting to be greeted (as always) by my Midas Blenny. He would sit in his barnacle watching for me and swim to the front of the tank when ever I came near the tank. I searched frantically around the rock work hoping to find him in another hole. Unfortunately, I found him on the floor behind my tank. :sad:

He must have jumped last night after I fed them and went downstairs for the night. My Gold-strip Maroon has been getting defensive since I added the BTA to the tank, and keeps everyone away from that part of the tank. Yesterday the BTA relocated closer to the Midas' barnacle and I think that he jumped because he was being chased by the clown. This tank has a hood and the only opening is on the back of the tank, about and inch wide. This is the first fish I have lost to a swan dive on the floor and my first loss of an established fish since I set the tank up a year ago. It was devastating to find him on the floor. I have added some egg crate to the back of the tank just in case anyone else feels the urge to follow. Man, this sucks. Later ....
BZ

i switched my glass tops to have the opening in the middle so that 1 of the t5 bulbs do not have to go through the glass and no jumpers.

sorry to here that i haave a bunch of wrasses and about two or three more coming so my canopy is completely sealed ....ill make you a deal if i can catch my bicolor he is yours

Thanks gang... victor, a trick you may want to try on the bicolor is to put a small barnacle in the tank and once the bicolor finds it and starts using it, you can simply reach in and remove him. It worked great for me while I was QTing the midas way back when... no stress on the fish at all when moving and acclimating him to the 70 from QT.

Bob

bobz;143779 wrote: Thanks gang... victor, a trick you may want to try on the bicolor is to put a small barnacle in the tank and once the bicolor finds it and starts using it, you can simply reach in and remove him. It worked great for me while I was QTing the midas way back when... no stress on the fish at all when moving and acclimating him to the 70 from QT.

Bob
i just reaquascape :D lolbut when i catch him ill shot you a pm

I have a hydnophora that has been thriving for months near the top of my tank. Recently, I turned the rock slighty and the hdynophora is facing the front of the tank. The other day, the coral was on the sandbed. I put it back into its perfectly shaped hole and the next morning, it was down again. On the third morning, yet again and there grinning at me from the hole was my bi-colored blenny.

The hydnophora had to find another location. Jack Blenny was not about to give up his new digs.

Linda Lee;143786 wrote: I have a hydnophora that has been thriving for months near the top of my tank. Recently, I turned the rock slighty and the hdynophora is facing the front of the tank. The other day, the coral was on the sandbed. I put it back into its perfectly shaped hole and the next morning, it was down again. On the third morning, yet again and there grinning at me from the hole was my bi-colored blenny.

The hydnophora had to find another location. Jack Blenny was not about to give up his new digs.
sorry about your loss

linda say it with me s-u-p-e-r g-l-u-e.

blind1993;143789 wrote: sorry about your loss

linda say it with me s-u-p-e-r g-l-u-e.

It's a holding tank and everything is in limbo ... I don't want to permanently affix anything until it's all in it's new home.

Wow, Frank lost his midas to jumping also?

I wonder if it's a full moon.

:(

I feel your pain Bob. I just lost my favorite fish about two weeks ago. It was the one on my avatar. I got it from Fist Store and More. I was most upset. Not to mention the fact that I hadn't seen one at any pet stores since I got that one. Well I walked into the same fish store the other day and out of nowhere I spotted ANOTHER ONE! I couldn't believe it! And now he's swimming around and picking at the rocks just like Frank did. Now Sinatra is my new favorite fish. Well I hope you find a good replacement for your Blenny. R.I.P.=Midas Blenny and R.I.P=Frank the File Fish.

Well the good news is i just saw a very nice Midas Blenny at Aviarium today. About 4" and bright colors. Very active and very personable. If I didn't just pick one up a couple weeks ago, he would have left with me. Great price as well.

Back