i messed up big time

victor626nj

Market
Reaction score
ok so i cleaned my glass with windex about an hour ago and didnt was my hands ...something in tank fell i went to get it and i still have the windex smell in my hand will carbon help as a precaution i dont have any water but 5 gal made up for a water change

i added about half of the carbon container as a precaution hope all is well tomorrow ...thanks all for fast responce....i use the vinager kind and i use news paper you never get streak marks with it old school trick of the trades

Barbara;134914 wrote: I think you'll be fine. I clean my glass with windex all the time (although I do spray it on the paper towel first; not directly on the glass). Also, I am guilty of not washing my hands before sticking them in the tank. Your 90G plus sump is going to be fairly forgiving of a little something on your hands.
yeah i always spray the windex in another room on a towel get the glass nice and wet and come back again with the news paper

No worries mate. The amount of residual ammonia is so little that your tank won't even notice. I usually forget to clean my hands 98% of the time before I put them in the tank.

yeah-wouldn't worry too much--cover up my clam though, just for precaution-lol

sorry eric the clam is the only thing that didnt make it guess it sucked out all the crap from the windex ;)

thank you all for the quick response this is why i love this club
And we love Victor!

the clam is the only thing that didnt make it guess it sucked out all the crap from the windex
What? Where you like washing your hands in the stuff? I may have to dig through my chemical formulations but I could swear that there ain't much in Windex. As in most household ccleaners the bulk of the material is water. Water, ammonia, surfactant, maybe some some type of alcohol but a very small amount.

How could it hurt anyway, I'm sure you put on gloves first before reaching into the tank. Right?

Your screwed! Suprised your tank hasn't started the RTN process and fish belly up!

Back