I need Opinions

tnyga

Market
Reaction score
I have the pony tank for some corals and ponies and I like it...

Im gonna make a trade for a 90 gallon tank with halides and all...I want to do a fish only tank...Thinks its feasible? How many? What kind? I dont want wuss fish (ie.clowns, goby's and such)

Black sand..some Artificial coral pieces...A few pieces of LR...Ideas?

tnyga;138814 wrote: I have the pony tank for some corals and ponies and I like it...

Im gonna make a trade for a 90 gallon tank with halides and all...I want to do a fish only tank...Thinks its feasible? How many? What kind? I dont want wuss fish (ie.clowns, goby's and such)

Black sand..some Artificial coral pieces...A few pieces of LR...Ideas?

You aren't trading the pony tank are you?

I think halides are overkill for a fish only with live rock tank.

Matt

no no ponies are staying...Its what the tank comes with, maybe Ill work out something..

I will be putting in t-5s the tank comes with dual MH's with Actinics fixture not DIY...So Ill take em :)

My intention is to either sell the lighting and put a few t5's in the canopy and sell the fixture or keep the fixture incase (which I know i will) I go with corals again...

Im more concerned with the type of fish I can keep in a 90...semi to agressive to a point...

dawgdude;138852 wrote: First off I would definatly take her advice and NOT run halides. You will have extra heat and energy consumption that you dont need with a FO. Also the amount of fish you can have will depend alot on the size of fish, how many and type of fish. And past that all of that will depend on the type of filteration and how much poop and extra waste your skimmer and sump can pull out. Also if you are religious about water changes you can push it a bit on the number of fish. You do need to consider not taking up too much room in the display with LR so the fish have more room to swim and wont be crowded. I saw one FO with about 40 lbs in the display in two tall mounds, and the rest was PILED in the sump in a moderate flow area and it seemed to work pretty well.
Thats the info Im looking for...ty Dawg I figure Ill ask Sal his opinion also

I'd think carefully about the size. A lot of the non-wuss fish are on the bigger-size end of the scale and do better in a larger tank. Especially something with more length (72" or so) to allow free swimming back and forth.

Just my opinion, but I would go with at least a 125 to allow more swimming room.

Back