I need some help breeding clownfish

twistoflime

Market
Reaction score
Ok I bought two already breeding (there were clownfish eggs in the tank when Picked them up) pair of ocellaris clownfish and their rbta. I asome it will take awhile to lay eggs again because they need to get used to the tank. I've had them for a month so I thought it would probobly be time to start preparing for baby clownfish! Does anyone have any advice or good websites? I've never done this befor but I would really like to raise little babies! If I can raise them I will probobly sell them to members for $10 each after the clowns are about three months old. Anyway back on topic... does any one have good websites or info?
Thanks, Diane
oh and I already have a 10g tank setup to put the clown fish in. I also have I 5g bucket to grow whatever food the baby clownfish eat. (what do baby clownfish eat?)

Its a long and demanding process. The eat rotifes which eat green water. You have to cultivate all of this and... There is so much stuff to be done. They have to be fed every 3 hours.

It is a little bit harder then that. From what i have read it is pretty involved. Check out this
showthread.php

Ok...here is what you do!

Set the mood...some nice ambiance lighting, a little bubblie and play some Luther Vandross. (J/K)

Breeding is not something to take lightly and requires an established tank with the ability to feed the tiny fish...typically live food. Do your research...and good luck!

Luther????BAH! Thats why I failed last time....I was playing Barry White....All the fish were....ok, never mind.

I see your a middle schooler. If your at school during the day who can feed them every 2-3 hours. And get the rotifers fed with green water? These are things you have to consider before you spend time and money on it.

My mom wants to raise the young as much as I do and since only my dad works she can feed them.

Back