I remember seeing that alot of you guys lost clams

washowi

Market
Reaction score
read this article....

news.php

thats awful. so people have been releasing their clams into the ocean? i really dont understand why people have to do things like this. introducing diseases into other stable environments. they did say that it is now in florida correct? i had a clam die about two weeks ago. hopefully no one here is guilty of "relocating" any species, salt or fresh water. i was fishing at henderson park and some people caught a pacu!! thats just wrong. for those of you that dont know what a pacu is, its a herbivorous relative of the piranha. it goes through plants like they do meat. well not quite, but you get the picture. its WRONG!!!!

But the indigenous Lionfishes of the Georgia coast need company!

Personally, I never flushed/released/etc any animal, even if it was dead. My standard practice was to leave it in concentrated bleach until it dissolved then wash it down the drain to ensure that whatever killed it didn't live to tell the tale.

In the case of clams, much as it pained me to see their dead shells in my tank, the bleached shells of my dear departed (I lost 6 clams to the epidemic Todd referred to) make great frag surfaces and aquascaping materials. Especially good for stopping sand erosion from powerheads, too.

This article is total BS. There is no way a UF student could find anything conclusive, whatsoever.
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

flinster;163860 wrote: This article is total BS. There is no way a UF student could find anything conclusive, whatsoever.
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
to funny.:yes:

Back