I seriously cannot tell how thick my tank is.

rk4435

Market
Reaction score
I have a 90 gallon with an overflow on the left side, purchased about 18 months ago. When I try to measure I seriously cannot tell how thick the glass is because it is hard to tell where the glass / seal meet. It looks like 3/8, 5/8 or even 1/2 depending on the view you take.

Any knowledgeable folks with an answer? Google let me down on this one but a lot of threads are saying 3/8.

It does have a top brace and it may be Marineland. I bought it at Optimum in Kennesaw, but can't find my paperwork to verify anything. Even the Marineland web page is elusive, I guess they have a lot of different variants.

It's most likely 3/8", but a good way to check might be to subtract the inside front to back dimension from the outside front to back dimension. Divide the difference by two.

ghbrewer;1008020 wrote: It's most likely 3/8", but a good way to check might be to subtract the inside front to back dimension from the outside front to back dimension. Divide the difference by two.

You got to love an engineer:up:

And now we can tell the difference between an engineer and social science guy. Good suggestion ghbrewer.

rk4435;1008014 wrote: It does have a top brace and it may be Marineland. I bought it at Optimum in Kennesaw, but can't find my paperwork to verify anything. Even the Marineland web page is elusive, I guess they have a lot of different variants.

Check my build thread and see if it's like mine. If it is then the glass is 3/8's thick.

Similar, but my overflow is far left Nick. I was able to use some advanced engineering techniques to determine that my glass is 3/8.
:up:

An engineer is someone who has no life and can prove it mathematically. :) Yeah OK I stole that from a guy on the Neptune forum. But it is a great line.

Back