I think I buried my Diamond Goby. :(

mimi's fish

Market
Reaction score
I had to do a big water change on Sunday and moved some sand around and I haven't seen my Diamond Goby since!!

If it just got buried in the sand, it can dig its way out.

It could just be freaked out by all the activity and be hiding. Give it a few days.

Be sure to check the floor and overflow box(es) if you have them, sometimes they wig out and jump.

Jenn

Sort of related. I bought an engineer goby a few years ago as a juvenile and it went missing almost immediately. I spotted him after about 6 months, long having assumed he hadn't made it. I thought it was an eel for a moment.

If you aren't familiar, engineer goby's look pretty different when you compare juveniles and adults. He was probably an inch long when I put him in the tank and probably 6-7 inches long when I found him again.

I've learned that diggers can be very shy.

I'm hoping it's just hiding. I've had it about a year or so and he has disappeared for a day maybe but not usually this long.
Wow I couldn't imagine seeing something after 6 months I thought was gone!!

I bought a diamond goby a few months back... haven't seen him after the first few hours when I put him in the tank.

My tank is covered except for a few small holes, so I don't think</em> he got out...

But it's odd.

Mine destroys my sand bed. That's how I know he hasn't been out at night. I have a gold head as well and he is out making a mess and cleaning his "house"

I have a yellow watchman goby and pistol shrimp that will go incognito for a few days at a time. If it was just sand I can't imagine it killing him. Probably just freaked out and is hiding in his happy place.

Back