I want aiptasia!...for an experiment

spike

Sponsor
Reaction score
I recently picked up two tank bred molly miller blennies from SA. I was told by the salesperson that they will eat anything...including aiptasia. They are aggressive eaters, eating pellet, mysis, and anything else I throw in.

I want to see with my own eyes if they will eat aiptasia. I need a couple of small rocks 3" or less covered with aiptasia. I have each blenny in seperate tanks so I need two rocks. I do not want the excessive large variety (Mack Daddy), the molly millers are less than 2". I do not want the aiptasia eating them. Anybody out there close to me in Flowery Branch willing to make a Donation? Maybe I will work you a deal if they do eat aiptasia. My copperband and peppermint shrimp have left me no sacrifices.

Glenn, I am sure I can round up a few small ones if I move the rocks around. Come and get em!

Not good, I pretty much determined they do not eat aiptasia. They love to stare at them. The aiptasia I had to work with wwre pretty large. About half the size of the Molly Millers. But the two Molly Millers made no moves toward aiptasia.

Spike;802130 wrote: Not good, I pretty much determined they do not eat aiptasia. They love to stare at them. The aiptasia I had to work with wwre pretty large. About half the size of the Molly Millers. But the two Molly Millers made no moves toward aiptasia.

maybe they are planning their attack :roll:

i just got one from WWC and they said about it eating aptasia (which is why i got it..).

I'll be ticked if it doesn't.. though they did say that it needed to be "smaller" aptasia and not bigger ones. He said they cleaned up 2 of his tanks of the aptasia FAST! ...?

I am having a lil trouble with aptasia myself right now. I picked up about 10 peppermint shrimp and have been target feeding the aptasia pellets with hopes they will catch on but so far no luck.

Maybe my aiptasia were to large. Hope it works for you.

Well I brought in 10 good sized Caribbean peppermint shrimp in on Friday for a customer. I put them in the tank with the Mollie Miller Blenny and the Aiptasia he would not eat. Pow, gone..the aiptasia that is. The aiptasia were loving life and happy as could be, now they are history. Maybe the Molly Miller learned something.

I had a few when I first setup my tank. Once I added some peppermints the aiptasia immediately disappeared.

Back