Ich?

danh

Market
Reaction score
I don't have any pictures... but it looks like ich to me. I think it may have been what killed my puffer (before the nem got him). The only reason I don't think it's ich is because I had been dosing Seachem Marine Trace and Reef Trace, both of which have Copper. The last time I emptied my skimmer cup I could smell the copper in it. I would think that high of copper levels would have killed the ich? The corals are all doing amazingly well now. I've backed off the dose quite a bit. I'll clean the skimmer cup tonight and see if it still smells. Any thoughts?

The amount of copper in those additives is reef safe, in order to kill/treat ich the levels would be elevated and not be reef safe. You would need to treat in a fish only qt. You were most likely smelling amino acids that are skimmed out.

I see. Smelled like I had my hands soaking in pennies after I was done. I cleaned the cup last night. It doesn't smell like that any more.

Smell the products that you dosed, is that the same scent? Only pennies made before 1982 are copper, after that they only put thin coat of copper on them. That’s my “two cents” lol, pun intended.

Concur! Bring on the lamp! If one does a search, they'll find out how old we "old folks" are. I watched that show instead of doing my homework; that's why I'm still a student today.

Wannabee

Well the two clownfish who looked the worst died while the power was out for 20 hours. As did the pipefish and starry blenny. The regal and sailfin tang look great now though????????

Back