ID/HELP/CAN IT WORK...

Justin

Reaction score
Is it a skimmer?
How does it go together?(was in 20 pieces)
What do I need to make it work? I can’t find any info online about this thing!
FB3DFE37-A714-4026-890B-AB8A8B222CAB.jpeg

It is a trigger system skimmer. It’s external so you’ll need a feed pump and it looks like you’ll need a large one. Have you tried contacting trigger systems? They mostly make sumps these days so this could be older or a custom build.

It is a trigger system skimmer. It’s external so you’ll need a feed pump and it looks like you’ll need a large one. Have you tried contacting trigger systems? They mostly make sumps these days so this could be older or a custom build.
Yea i was going to email them. This is definitely an older sump I picked up can’t find any info on it ether. Is it bad that there are no socks? It has a media tray.

Not bad at all. It's just a different way to add some mechanical filtration. I believe you've got yourself at Trigger Systems TS300. It's a beckett style skimmer and you'd need to contact them or do some research to figure out the correct sized pump to run it. You see that weird shaped black valve sitting at the bottom or the skimmer next to the cup, that's the beckett valve. You shoot water through that odd shaped valve and it creates a bunch of bubbles that will get blasted down that long narrow tube into the base. The bubbles will rise up the skimmer body and create foam. It's a good way of doing things but in this day and age, the needwheel skimmers have really replaced most of them. We can get into a long conversation about the advantages and disadvantages of the venturi/beckett design but I believe that's what you're working with.

Not bad at all. It's just a different way to add some mechanical filtration. I believe you've got yourself at Trigger Systems TS300. It's a beckett style skimmer and you'd need to contact them or do some research to figure out the correct sized pump to run it. You see that weird shaped black valve sitting at the bottom or the skimmer next to the cup, that's the beckett valve. You shoot water through that odd shaped valve and it creates a bunch of bubbles that will get blasted down that long narrow tube into the base. The bubbles will rise up the skimmer body and create foam. It's a good way of doing things but in this day and age, the needwheel skimmers have really replaced most of them. We can get into a long conversation about the advantages and disadvantages of the venturi/beckett design but I believe that's what you're working with.
Whatever... lol
I won't get into a "long conversation". One big advantage is, if/when the pump dies, you can replace it with anything that creates enough flow and you're back in business.

I was just messing with Justin @jcook54 above. Reading it now I can't see how it might not come across that way to others that don't know us.

Back to the OP. I'm nowhere near Cartersville so it would be tough for me to help you put it together. I know there are a lot of members on the northwest side hopefully one of them can help.

I was just messing with Justin @jcook54 above. Reading it now I can't see how it might not come across that way to others that don't know us.

Back to the OP. I'm nowhere near Cartersville so it would be tough for me to help you put it together. I know there are a lot of members on the northwest side hopefully one of them can help.

—- in Rome
Who needs help w what

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

—- in Rome
Who needs help w what

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From what I've been able to find out online, I think the skimmer in the OP @Justin posted is a Trigger Systems TS300 or TS500. They were built in the early 2000's and discontinued before 2010. Most of the info I've been finding has been on ReefCentral with very few pics anywhere on the net.

The unit looks to be in pretty damn good shape and should skim like a beast. There are several options for getting it up and running. The main thing is a pump capable of some pretty high flow from what I've seen. I might be inclined to convert it to a Mazzei injector over the be Beckett. Either way with some testing that thing should work great.

I’m not sure if I’m going to use this beast.. I need to keep things simple. I also have a AquaC skimmer that I will probably just through in the sump and use it Internal. It was with the sump I picked up I didn’t even know I was getting it. I talked to one person on reef to reef that had one got it going for 4 months and it was just to big for his system. Not sure of the model but it came off a 300 heavy stocked tank, and as you can see in the pic it makes my zero turn look like a kids toy!! No joke close to 3” tall

I’m not sure if I’m going to use this beast.. I need to keep things simple. I also have a AquaC skimmer that I will probably just through in the sump and use it Internal. It was with the sump I picked up I didn’t even know I was getting it. I talked to one person on reef to reef that had one got it going for 4 months and it was just to big for his system. Not sure of the model but it came off a 300 heavy stocked tank, and as you can see in the pic it makes my zero turn look like a kids toy!! No joke close to 3” tall
How much you want for it? ;) :D

I have no idea this will be my first sump 150 gallon tank 2 inch and a quarter drains I Believe
I've got a Jebao DCT-15000 I can trade you for it.
Do you ever make it down to 285, anywhere between 75 & 85 on the north end?

I might have a smaller pump too. Need to check when I get home.

Back