ID help please

flow350

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am somewhat new to the site and I am not exactly sure where to place this thread (if it is in the wrong place, mods please move). I have a few pieces in my tank that I would like to get identified.

Here is a shot of the tank when I first got it:

1-18-06007.jpg
alt="" />

I have tried to search for these anemonies, but I have not had any luck in positively id'ing the anemonies. Any help/info on these guys would be greatly appreciated.

6--5-07078.jpg
alt="" />

6--5-07077.jpg
alt="" />

Here is an overall shot of the tank:

6--5-07143.jpg
alt="" />

6--5-07011.jpg
alt="" />

Thanks for any help in advance.

WOW! Sweet improvement. Great job taking a sterile tank and making it a living reef.

Unfortunately, I have a zero on the anemone knowledge scale past Aptasia and Curly Cues.

I will do some more searching on rock anemonies. Thanks for the replies and the compliments. The tank keeps me busy, but I like it!

I'm not sure what it is either... Very unusual... its unlike any rock anemone I've ever seen. Kinda cool looking though, do you ever feed it?

FutureInterest;49919 wrote: I'm not sure what it is either... Very unusual... its unlike any rock anemone I've ever seen. Kinda cool looking though, do you ever feed it?

I do not feed them intentially, but they are both in good spots to be able to catch food when it gets put in. They are pretty interesting to watch when they catch brine shrimp.

Hmmm. So there are two of them? Where there always 2? They don't look like majanos, but when in doubt I usually kill first and identify later :).

FutureInterest;49930 wrote: Hmmm. So there are two of them? Where there always 2? They don't look like majanos, but when in doubt I usually kill first and identify later :).

Haha, I thought about wiping them out when I was ridding the tank of anemonia and aptasia's, but I they look somewhat cool. If one of them gets any closer to the anthelia it will be time to kill it. I've got the kalkwasser and syringe ready ;)

I have a the same anemone. The closest id i found was here about the middle of the page:
em>

Back