ID Help...

texhorns98

Market
Reaction score
IMG_1662.jpg
alt="" /></a>

I have a BUNCH of these in my sump. I've seen a few pop up on the LR as well. Somebody please tell me these are OK!

IMG_1660.jpg
alt="" /></a>

This one may be different, it's hard to tell. This looks more like what I have in the DT. Baby aptasia? Please lord no!

IMG_1661.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Last little dude I just noticed in the chaeto. Some sort of little star?

Ahhhh, a baby starfish, I believe its a micro brittle star but you will know for sure if he stops growing. the other is a type of trunicate, great little filter feeder. Looks like your little ecosystem is coming along.

looks like sponges and a brittle star to me. kinda small pics for me, though.

FINALLY some GOOD news about this tank then! Thanks everyone, I was gonna have a fire sale if this was all some sort of pest! Anything I need to do to keep these guys all happy? I feed Reef Snow every three days or so, I literally have hundreds of these in my sump. Mainly in the bubble baffles for some reason.

They will live off the existing tank conditions. The pineapple sponges are filter feeders, and will "suck" out particulate from the water column. Sponges are actually quite useful in assimilating silicates, so thats even better news! The microbrittle are microscavengers, so they will just help clean up.

Trey, I just read an article on these, prompted by your post. Apparently, they can make your tank completely stable in good conditions, if you supply them with human blood, twice a day. You'll need a sharp needle and a small syringe for target feeding.

JessPete;339268 wrote: Mine like the heater. Don't do anything special for them.

Explains why they are in the bubble baffle then, that's where one of my heaters is!

JessPete;339281 wrote: Trey, I just read an article on these, prompted by your post. Apparently, they can make your tank completely stable in good conditions, if you supply them with human blood, twice a day. You'll need a sharp needle and a small syringe for target feeding.

SWEET! Thankfully, I have a fresh supply of syringes due to my "habit".:eek:

And I suppose I'll be asking YOU to tank sit when I leave for a month this Summer?:yes:

Yeah, sure, but I won't be feeding them MY blood. Loren has that freezer he got from Ansley. I hear I can get some from him.

Yeah, the Dr. is kinda creepy huh? I wonder if he's secretly making a suit out of fish skin or something...

Rofl, yall remind me of an experiment my friend did in high school genetics where he tried to train flies to be vampires by only providing blood as their sustenance.

Back