ID? It's at least a month old!

camellia

Supporting
Reaction score
I've been watching these little nubs grow. Here is a pic of the oldest one that's well formed.
My quess is more Rock Flower Nems from when they spawned? Whatcha think?

31B8C81C-1282-49FB-B307-61690ABE563A_zps6sefxrnl.jpg
alt="" />

On the left you can see the oldest shaping up...

B7652104-4EF4-40C1-A86A-6DB802D928DC_zps1cthoyuw.jpg
alt="" />

Can't make out any tentacle/nibs around the edges - rock flowers will have them from a very young stage onward. Try shooting w/o the blues or focussing on a piece of rock in the background?

Have you touched it yet ? Is it soft or hard ?
That alone can narrow it down a great deal

Hard to tell from the pics but they look like mushrooms. Discosoma sp.

Jenn

JennM;1095892 wrote: Hard to tell from the pics but they look like mushrooms. Discosoma sp.

Jenn

Wow Jen,
Your knowledge is amazing!

Guess it could've been hiding in rock for years without light, I've had those in green.

A few years ago I was given a single baby of these but the new growth is green and these are Ricordea, right?

F11637E4-9F41-4050-801E-49EF926433AC_zps3y78k5ar.jpg
alt="" />

BulkRate;1095673 wrote: Can't make out any tentacle/nibs around the edges - rock flowers will have them from a very young stage onward. Try shooting w/o the blues or focussing on a piece of rock in the background?

You need to come give me photo lessons! Your not that far from me?
I'll send you home with coral :yes:

Those orange mushrooms are Rhodactis sp. similar somewhat to Ricordea. Very desirable - I had some like that and everybody wanted them. ;)

The green stuff looks like Anthelia (waving hand polyps), they are usually brown/pinkish but the green centers are awesome.

Back in the day I had a porous rock and when I worked for another LFS I was allowed to take home mushrooms that were loose in the system at the shop, and I'd take them home and jam them in the holes in the rock. Most took hold and grew, and multiplied. One in particular, moved across the rock and left a little bit of tissue behind at intervals of about an inch. Each piece of tissue grew into a new mushroom. I suspect that's what you have there. Bits and pieces, growing into new ones.

Jenn

Jen,they are turning orange just like the others. Dang so many names lol!
I swear I saw green in the beginning but now, all orange lol

Maybe from me pulling off a big one like you said, when a piece of the center mouth stays on old rock it grows back. Just sold some of these cheap, they are very nice!

Want some waving hand, LMK :)

Coral colours can morph and change. Just ask anybody who has overpaid for some fancy-named "rare, limited blah blah" that was overly lit with actininc, that looked one way in the dealer's tank (or online), and then looked alarmingly plain in the end-user's tank. :lol:

In this instance they've turned nicer. I see a bit of green in there still. The ones I had had a bit of green in the middle.

Jenn

Got 3 nice Ric's on it now. Just checked on tank, not home this week due to foot surgery (again) recovery. Will post a pic this weekend :)

Yup,
Been there & got hit with that too.
I bought a Favia online in the beginning & got ripped off. Fought purchase through AMEX for a refund and Amex sided with the seller. I still have that Favia, I should send Amax a picture of the colony I have today and say OK where is the neon pink, ugh!

Jen, I'm going to post about Orange sand Feather worms (don't know name) and would love your input & comments. Thanks

Back