ID Needed. Is this a Nudibrach?

theplantman

Market
Reaction score
This showed its face today, have not seen it in the tank before. Is it a nudibrach and is it a good one?

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt17/theplantman/Recent%20Shots/IMG_1656.jpg?t=1240163607" alt="" />

[IMG]http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt17/theplantman/Recent%20Shots/IMG_1657.jpg?t=1240163722" alt="" />

Thanks in advance

I would say yes it is.. whether its good or bad I dont know.. if it's that big and your zoa's are still fine I would say it isn't a bad one.. but thats a guess

here ya go:

a>

It is cruising the glass like it is cleaning it, it is about 1" long and the fish are curious but won't bite it.

I wouldn't leave an unidentified nudi in my tank. Check out wetwebmedia too, in the meantime, throw it in the fuge.

I would kill it, It looks like a zoa eating species to me from the pics but it is hard to be 100% sure.

Tim

I would take it out at a minumum, until you know what you are dealing with here. I have not seen a zoa-eating nudibranch that gets that large but I am far from an expert.

Generally nudis look a lot like what they eat. That deosnt look like the zoa eating ones I have seen, but there may be many varieties. I ould definantly take it out.

how quickly would it be able to do damage, i have been monitoring it all day and have yet to se it touch a coral. Seems to like cruising large flat surfaces.

I hate too pull it out, if i do there is only one place for it to go and that is to play with Mr. Tidy Bowl.

No fuge on our system.

I think he is as cool as can be!

I hate killing anything but I agree with getting him out and sumping him!

I would suggest putting it in a jar with some tank water. I think you could easily keep it alive with water changes until you figure it out.

+1 Let me do some research, I will post later.

My belief right now is that it a herbivore and beneficial.

bobz;330486 wrote: I would suggest putting it in a jar with some tank water. I think you could easily keep it alive with water changes until you figure it out.

Need another photo to confirm but still believing it is not a nudi but from the family Elysiidae. Similiar to a lettuce nudibranch (not a nudi at all)

Or even more likely this Tritoniopsis frydis</em>
Eats gorgs and I am pretty sure he from the Keys.
m12336b.jpg
alt="" />

Back