ID Please and Removal

kirru

Market
Reaction score
I will get pictures tonight but I have this thing growing in a zoa frag. The tips look like dandelions only the tips are fully covered. more like a crown or ring.
I know not much of a description but its small and the tips are kind of hard to see, brownish if that helps. What is it and how do I get rid of it? I think that is the reason my zoas are not opening as much as they used to.

Also, a while back I discovered I had q-tip sponges but now they seem to be taking over the tank. I have them growing on frags, specifically, my zoas, kenya tree, and some star polyps. I know they are good but they are getting a little out of hand. What's the best way to remove them, not all just enough to where they are not a nuisance anymore.

Thanks everyone, I will have a pic by tonight if needed.

Jess, what about my second problem with the q-tip sponges?
Do you know anything about them?

They're filter feeders. There is obviously enough particulate matter to feed them. Maybe try feeding less?

I've also read that they go through cycles. I had an explosion in my sump (only ever see 1-2 in the tank), but it seems to be receding.

au01st;296920 wrote: They're filter feeders. There is obviously enough particulate matter to feed them. Maybe try feeding less?

I've also read that they go through cycles. I had an explosion in my sump (only ever see 1-2 in the tank), but it seems to be receding.

I read they go through cycles as well but this cycle has got to stop soon.

I don't feed very often, I dose the tank with filter feeders food maybe every two weeks but sometimes longer, also skim all the time so i would assume food would be to a minimum, have two feather duster also. Have a fuge with chaeto but i am not sure how much is being pulled out of everything.

I want to get rid of them cause they are starting to grow on the corals and the corals are not happy about that either, and me for the matter.

I don't mind them but this many is to much. I have a rock that has one side covered in them.

Here are some pics, if you have trouble finding it please say. Though I tried to center everything that is in question:

P2161568.jpg
alt="" />
P2251618.jpg
alt="" />
P2251620.jpg
alt="" />
P2161570.jpg
alt="" />
P2161568.jpg
alt="" />
P2251624.jpg
alt="" />
P2251617.jpg
alt="" />
P2251622.jpg
alt="" />

Any one?

O and the coral behind the zoas, is that a hammer or frogspawn? I shrinks during the night so I am not sure what it is.

And what type of zoas as well?

Thanks

Back