ID please

lilrobb

Market
Reaction score
I picked up some beautiful pieces of LR from mark today - and of xourse this wasn't just regular LR is was BURSTING with life. I yet have to count all the moving things on these rocks...

One had some corals on it - (very pretty, IMHO) but these are literally covered with little red blotches hat move from time to time, they almost look like little clover leaves and seem to be rubberish in consistency.

I took pictures, but not sure if you can see what I mean:

I am looking for the name of the coral and the blotches.

MvM;283321 wrote: some type of sponge, i think.

Mushrooms resembles exactly the look - but these sponges are QUICK, ever seen Flubber? That's what these blotches remind me of.

Robb

Can't be sponges,

sponges are defined as sessile - those are FAR from sessile and move between the shrooms.
I am not talking about the green fingers - look at the red blotches on the mushrooms cap!

Robb

I thought you were asking about both the finger things and the mushroom. Ask Mark! Her should be able to ID his rock!? Let us know!

Robin...those splotches are flat worms. Just take them out and dip them, flat worms are natural as long as they don't get out of hand. You an use a turket baster and also blow them off. The mushrooms are watermellon srooms. Glad you liked the rock...make sure you keep the sponges submerged.

Always good to ask the pro.

Thanks - they're actually pretty interesting to watch and as long as I know what they are - I'm fine.
The rock looks great - can't wait to fire the MH in the main tank...

Robb

Back