ID please?

tokejr

Market
Reaction score
We have 2 of these growing on some live rock (2 different pieces) and are just curious if anyone knows what they might be.

They're about 1/2 in long, growing in normal T5 lighting. The rock is the stuff from jessezm's tank, so it's well established.

Barbara;313002 wrote: Is it soft? Could it be a sponge?

No, it's rigid. Definitely not a sponge. I have several of those in the tank, and this looks like an itty bitty coral of some kind.

WOW good find whatever it is any chance of a bigger picture?

I had an encrusting algae once put it never protruded like that. Same color though.

Seedless Reefer;313027 wrote: WOW good find whatever it is any chance of a bigger picture?

I had an encrusting algae once put it never protruded like that. Same color though.

I tried getting a better picture, but it's position in the tank causes my camera to blur because I have to get too close to the glass.

I was going to post it at wetwebmedia after I spent all day looking for it, but the picture just isn't clear enough.

Dave is going to pour through the camera manual to see if there's a macro on it. Perhaps there's hope for a better picture.

Back