ID!?!?!? please.

dorian965

Market
Reaction score
this is a rock that was covered in anthelia scrubed clean left in a rena canister as ruble with no lights for months and scrubed again with a wire brush 6 months ago. about 2 month ago i started seeing this and thought it was one of me blue shrooms and put it high in the tank to let it grow. have noticed that it is definatly no shroom and has feeders out in the pic..

guessing it is whaterver type of skeleton this rock is , is starting to grow back. this is amazing to have this thing regrow after all its been through. i bought it as ruble over a year ago!!

Keep it long enough and put it in the right conditions... and the entire colony will come back. Our corals are tougher to kill than we give them credit for :)

It looks like an Acan or Favia to me but hey I am not sure. Um Tony I am pretty good at killing them, well I was.

thats the 2 i was thinking just not sure which. the brown color around the edge with the strips was leading me towards acan but i have never seen the skeleton before. actually, ive never seen a colony before!!

Hard to tell from the pic and at this stage what it is. Let it grow :). Hope it won't be tough to kill if it turns up to be a nasty lil pest. Considering it lived through what it did... you may need to order an air strike.

Back