I'd this acro!

shawn_patterson

Market
Reaction score
This has to be the brightest acro I've ever seen, I just don't know the name of it lol.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
991109=56809-image.jpg
>
991109=56809-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

I'm sure all sorts of vendors call it different names, but I have essentially the same thing in BC Virgin Meremaid, ASD Yellow Jacket and the TCK (or above) Highlighter tenuis. One of my favorite piece(s)!

Ok last one, I know it's a deep water, but does anyone know the specific name.
991204=56827-image.jpg
>
991204=56827-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

A better pic is needed. Its too dark.

From the current pic, it looks like Acropora enchinata</em> based on the branching but it also looks like Acropora navini</em> and Acropora gomezi</em>.

Hope this one is better
991228=56831-image.jpg
>
991228=56831-image.jpg

I thought this one was a navini I might be wrong though
991229=56832-image.jpg
>
991229=56832-image.jpg

shawn_patterson;991229 wrote: I thought this one was a navini I might be wrong though

looks like Acropora squarrosa</em>, Acropora lokani</em>, or Acropora granluosa. Further growth will make it even more distinguishable.
</em>

shawn_patterson;991232 wrote: Thanks marquise! You're the man.

No problem. Here's what I use for some SPS I don't know: http://www.coralsee.org">www.coralsee.org</a>.

Most deepwater I have had and remember them but there are some I don't. I went through a deepwater sps phase last year.

MarquiseO;991233 wrote: No problem. Here's what I use for some SPS I don't know: http://www.coralsee.org">www.coralsee.org</a>.

Most deepwater I have had and remember them but there are some I don't. I went through a deepwater sps phase last year.[/QUOTE]

How hard was it to maintain the deep waters I'm just now getting into them. I've had a few but then I moved and broke the tank down

shawn_patterson;991240 wrote: How hard was it to maintain the deep waters I'm just now getting into them. I've had a few but then I moved and broke the tank down
It's no different from the other sps. It can be high - low light. I haven't noticed any difference. "Deepwater" is just a marketing pitch. Some of the same sps found at lower depths can be found closer to the surface and likewise with other SPS such as Tenius.

Back