ID this coral?

cr500_af

Market
Reaction score
Picked up this hard coral today, for a song. It has a couple of bleached tips, otherwise appeared healthy.

It was described by the LFS employee as a birdsnest, and labeled simply "acro".

What exactly is it? I was told T5s were enough if it were high in the tank, which it is. I'd like to read up on its care and requirements.
Thanks!
Pic:
1241403655.jpg
alt="" />

Yup, looks like a birdsnest. I've got a few and they grow great under T5, and mine are mid-level to bottom of the tank.

On Liveaquaria, the closest pic is brown acro. The birdsnest they show (pink) has sharper tips. Are there differences in birdsnests other than color?

Yes, I have green, purple, pink, and peach. That piece looks just like my green one in configuration, in the same color as my peach one (currently just a stick...new frag).

Another note, I think Digitatas have white on all the tips, not just bleached ones.

Growing like a birdsnest, but I have seen digis like this too. One of those instances when I wish I lived closer

I'll work on getting better pics tomorrow since I'm off work.

Wife lost the camera and conect to my camera so I suck. Personally dig any pics/videos people post

I agree, could be birdsnest. I have a bright green one that is rounded instead of sharp. What do you guys think about pocillipora though?

Well, anyway it was worth $10.00, right? It's about 3" tall and 2.5-3" wide.

Back