Ideas for uses with acrylic sheets

silentdeath5

Supporting
Reaction score
So, I bought some acrylic sheets for what I thought was a fairly good deal off FB market. 6 sheets of 12”x72”x1” for $100. Thinking of what I want to do with them.

1 idea was to make a 12”W x x12”L x 72”H freshwater tank.

Any ideas?

Can make a 7.5g 12" nano. 72" tall tank would be a huge collom of water

If my math is correct, You could make a big rimless frag tank; approximately 72”L x36”W x12”H

i think he's working with 12x72 pieces. it'd probably be too risky to glue them together for the base.

I dont believe that is a problem at all. When you bond acrylic, it becomes one unit, unlike silicone and glass. So there shouldn't be any substantial risk in this case. 1" thick acrylic provides plenty of surface area to bond. And with under 12" of head pressure, uniformly pushing downward (since you're specifically only referring to the base bonds), I'd think its actually significant overkill in terms of strength. You could probably accomplish the same goal with half the thickness, and it would still be sufficient... but that's if he wants such a large frag tank.

I dont believe that is a problem at all. When you bond acrylic, it becomes one unit, unlike silicone and glass. So there shouldn't be any substantial risk in this case. 1" thick acrylic provides plenty of surface area to bond. And with under 12" of head pressure, uniformly pushing downward (since you're specifically only referring to the base bonds), I'd think its actually significant overkill in terms of strength. You could probably accomplish the same goal with half the thickness, and it would still be sufficient... but that's if he wants such a large frag tank.
Yeah, I was also thinking about how that may work too. Thanks

Can make a 7.5g 12" nano. 72" tall tank would be a huge collom of water
When I first came upon the post I had that idea as well but I think it would just look weird with how thick the panels are to the small tank

When I first came upon the post I had that idea as well but I think it would just look weird with how thick the panels are to the small tank
I dont think it would be bad. 12x24x12 would make it a 15g tank that would be sweet

Nice.

Back