Market
Reaction score
can anyone tell me what kind this is?
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
369686=18150-DSC_0193 (600 x 399).jpg
>
369686=18150-DSC_0193 (600 x 399).jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSC_0193 (600 x 399).jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

bought it as a rbta and it is under t5's and about half way down in a 46 g bowfront

It's a rose anemone. E. quadricolor. A bit pale perhaps but not too bad.

It's definitely NOT a condy.

Jenn

JennM;369714 wrote: It's a rose anemone. E. quadricolor. A bit pale perhaps but not too bad.

It's definitely NOT a condy.

Jenn
What would cause it to be pale?

It probably expelled some of its zooxanthellae. They can do it for a variety of reasons.

Feed it well, it will color up again.

I had some brown BTAs in my 120 a few years ago that got that way when my heater failed and the tank got up to 87 or so degrees. A little TLC and some feeding and they colored up again (brown - their original color).

Something along the way annoyed yours. Other than it being a bit pale, it seems fine - feed it up, it'll bounce back.

Jenn

Thanks !!! I just got it about 6 weeks ago and it has colored up more than when I got it. I feed it once a week.
JennM;369718 wrote: It probably expelled some of its zooxanthellae. They can do it for a variety of reasons.

Feed it well, it will color up again.

I had some brown BTAs in my 120 a few years ago that got that way when my heater failed and the tank got up to 87 or so degrees. A little TLC and some feeding and they colored up again (brown - their original color).

Something along the way annoyed yours. Other than it being a bit pale, it seems fine - feed it up, it'll bounce back.

Jenn

Back