If you only had one chance…..

Cww180

Reaction score
Hello Atlanta Reefers,

Long time reader, recent new member. I’m coming to Atlanta for work (5/31 - 6/3) what is one store I should visit if my schedule only allows time for one stop. I hope its not the case but I want to be prepared just in case. Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Charles

Welcome! Where will you be in Atlanta location wise during your work visit? What is it that you most want to see or buy? What day will you have time to make the trip? Each of these local stores have their own strengths and several are closed one day a week.

Hello, I will be at the Atlanta Marriot Marquis (Peachtree St.). Frags would be at the top of my list and maybe a cheap 60 cube tank if available. I will arrive Tuesday 3 or 4 and have time that evening for sure. Wed - Fri maybe not free until after 6 each night (hopefully earlier on Friday). I leave to go home on Saturday, so that might not be an option unless they open early.

Slightly off topic: have you been to the Georgia Aquarium? That is truly a must-see!

I don't know about a 60 cube. Most of the stores are going to be a long trip for where you are starting from, but not in respect to where you have come from! Hopefully, you found your way to someone yesterday. For corals, it's difficult to beat Reef Shac for price and selection in my opinion. Nemo's is another option that a lot of people like. For a large store with everything, The Fish Store, but I haven't been there personally in a long time. The Coral Shop is local to me in Roswell, https://www.coralshop.com/ . They may still allow appointments, so I would check with them to see if an after hours visit might be possible to fit your schedule. If you do visit them let me know what corals specifically you are interested in, I may have something you like that I can give you and I'm in Roswell also. Check out the buy and sell here as well if you have not already.

I don't know about a 60 cube. Most of the stores are going to be a long trip for where you are starting from, but not in respect to where you have come from! Hopefully, you found your way to someone yesterday. For corals, it's difficult to beat Reef Shac for price and selection in my opinion. Nemo's is another option that a lot of people like. For a large store with everything, The Fish Store, but I haven't been there personally in a long time. The Coral Shop is local to me in Roswell, https://www.coralshop.com/ . They may still allow appointments, so I would check with them to see if an after hours visit might be possible to fit your schedule. If you do visit them let me know what corals specifically you are interested in, I may have something you like that I can give you and I'm in Roswell also. Check out the buy and sell here as well if you have not already.
How far from Sandy Hill are you? How is the tank sale going?

Sorry, I was at work. Did you mean Windy Hill?

I have not, I have been to the one in Okinawa, Japan which I hear is very similar (they have whale sharks in the main tank).
The thing about the Georgia Aquarium that is amazing is how far inland it is. Most other great public aquaria of the world are near the ocean. The logistics involved in bringing that quantity of sea life to Atlanta is mind-boggling. It only works because Atlanta is world-class logistics and airport hub.

Nice never thought about that. Yes I believe the Okinawa one pumps water from the ocean to maintain theirs. I will come back to check it out with the family and the Marta and a few of the aquarium stores. I only had a chance to visit Premier Aquatics. Very nice store with friendly staff.

Back