I'll show you mine, if you'll show me yours!

elfloyd

Supporting
Reaction score
Under the hood that is...

Skimming%20Wet

wow. very nice setup and clean. Here is mine... LOL...under the hood that is...
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
375476=18472-DSC05831.jpg
>
375476=18472-DSC05831.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSC05831.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

here is mine inside the closet
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
375481=18473-DSC05726.jpg
>
375481=18473-DSC05726.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSC05726.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
375481=18474-DSC05729.jpg
>
375481=18474-DSC05729.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSC05729.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Very nice guys! I love the clean setup.

Left side
Undertankleft.jpg
alt="" />

Right side
Undertankright.jpg
alt="" />

Sump closet old pick from when I set it up.

P1010203.jpg
alt="" />

P1010198.jpg
alt="" />

Joe

P1010207.jpg
alt="" />

joe with that system in the closet did you ever have any problems out of it like humity or mold or anything i am putting my new 75 in the wall but will really be sitting in my master closet looking thru to the living room

No but I changed the normal door to a louvered one and I have a small fan that runs to keep the air circulating. Really I never shut the door unless guests are over.

Joe

from the looks of these photos i've got some work to do, actually i should be shot.

LOL you should have seen my first one it was horrible. Thats probably why I wanted it so clean & organized this time. Besides most people will only share pictures if it looks good.:)

swfk44;375810 wrote: from the looks of these photos i've got some work to do, actually i should be shot.

THOSE ARE SEXII!!!!

why was I catching so much flack about putting a ballast in the base cabinet?

See it is post like this that scare the &*^% out of my girlfriend from doing saltwater...She just has a JBJ 12 DX...B/c she dosen't want a sump...she looks at mine and says that is a fire hazard and that is to complicated...lol

swfk44;375810 wrote: from the looks of these photos i've got some work to do, actually i should be shot.

+1
I have been pondering more and more how quickly I could do a makeover and still have my livestock be OK while the system is down except powerheads.

jeep9783;376023 wrote: See it is post like this that scare the &*^% out of my girlfriend from doing saltwater...She just has a JBJ 12 DX...B/c she dosen't want a sump...she looks at mine and says that is a fire hazard and that is to complicated...lol

those pictures have the electrical and wet areas intermingled.. of course that isn't ideal, but it's no different than putting a clock radio on a covered deck, yes, it's dry, but it's still somewhat exposed to the elements..

the NEC says that any outlet or fixture "outside" shall be NEMA 3 compliant (covered and/or waterproof)

My base cabinet has two large openings across the back
http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17823&d=1246535366" alt="" />

I'm using the right 1/3 of my tank base to house my electrical items, and the left 2/3 for the sump/wet items..
I'm playing with possibly using a sheet of acrylic as a removable divider.. either way, I'll be using a couple fans to move air into the electrical zone (that will either then flow into the sump/wet zone or out the back through the opening)

you don't always have to put power strips directly over your sump

and just to mention it, GFCI protected circuits will prevent a fire in the case of a short caused by water
AFCI protected circuits will prevent a fire in the case of a short caused by an electrical arc (like a loose connection that is constantly "connecting and disconnecting" which causes heat to build up)

[IMG]http://www.cpsc.gov/CPSCPUB/PUBS/afcifac8.PDF">HERE is an explanation on AFCI vs. GFCI (last page)</a>

i thought about posting some pics but, you know what they say about first impressions, i wouldn't want to ruin myself even before ever meeting anyone. i've been reefing for 8 years and as maybe some know i've reached burnout phase, and the economy (master carpenter) hasn't help me to maintain my wonderful hobby as i used to. now that i have been online and viewing all the beautiful photos and reading post of folks wanting to help a fellow reefer rebuild after his crash, it has stirred my memories :doh:eek:f how much i've been missing. thanks to all of you for that, now because of financial restraints i will be breaking down one of my 55's and cannibalizing it to restore my other 55 back to health.

i have 2 dead ballasts so only running 96 white on each tank, well you know what happens with change of light, algae, cynao, etc. long road back. i saw a 2X96 ballast for sale in the classified, but not gotten a response from my reply yet.

the tank that i am going to break down has some corals, mushrooms, leather, stuff, BUT that tank has some aptasia in it, hate to throw away live stuff (just this thing about killing live stuff) if someone who already has these #^%#%* aptasia things in their tank would want these coral pieces i would give them away, please understand not looking to give away problems. the live rock i might boil and add to the other tank.

All u got to do about the aptasia is put kalk paste on themm. If u don't want it I will be more than happy to take it off your hands

spent several hours on the tank yesterday, got the skimmer working :up: pulled out 95% of the cyano, cleaned the overflo of a zillion tube worms :sad: restricting the flo :up: shut the return pump off to fill the wet/dry with water and put the mag canister in and stir all the nasty up rinse filter twice, fish are already blowing kisses at me. :thumbs: thanks all for incouraging me with you photos and forum. ;)

Looking great

Big D;377303 wrote: <span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS">Not as nice and tidy as some... but here's a shot of mine. :up:</span>

<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS">
SumpArea.jpg
alt="" /></span>

<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS">D</span>

Big D;377309 wrote: <span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS">Thanks Thanh... :up:</span>

<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS">swfk44, you've got a PM... we'll get you some lights going! :yes:</span>

<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS">D</span>

did you get my reply

Back