Im back with a bunch if lighting questions

johnr2604

Market
Reaction score
So after 8 years away I picked up a 60 cube and diving back in. There are a few more lighting options than when I left. Going to be sps dominant with some Lps. I have been looking at the AI hydra 26 as an option. Is one of these over a 24x24x24 cube enough for sps ? Should I do two ? Should I just go old school and put a 250watt halide over it ? Not really wanting to dish out the coin on the radians. What would be a good cost effective setup if you were an sps junkie ?

I just upgraded LEDs and I'm already looking at adding some T5s. LEDs are terrific but the light is directional and even small SPS branches can throw little shadows. If I were in your position I would look at the 24" Hybrid T5/LED fixture from Aquaticlife. You can use a number of different LED brand in the fixture since it's really just an LED mounting system with T5 in front and back. You get the brilliance of LED with the coverage of a T5. I've always had good luck with Aquaticlife branded items and when I saw one of those fixtures in person I immediately started calculating how long it would take me to save for one of them to go with my brand new Radions.

If you’ve been here a while you’ll remember I’m a T5 guy.
I’m a T5 guy for a reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back