I'm Back!

lukestimp

Market
Reaction score
Back In February I pretty much hung up my Saltwater Cap and took a break. Well 2 weeks ago the wife and I went on a quick 3-Day Cruise to the Bahamas and while we were in Nassau I finally was able to snorkel over a real life living reef. Words alone will never do it justice. I just hope that ever single person on this sight can one day have the opportunity to see a living reef first hand the way I did.

Anyways, after this experience I told the wife I had to have another set-up. I'm sure everyone on this site has gotten the look I got at that moment. :eeek: Well Guess what? Yesterday I went Tank shopping! She even drove me all over Hell's half acre until I finally made a decision on what type of set-up I wanted to do. I've had several diffrent set-ups from 10 Gallon to 90 Gallon Predator and reef but after a heater malfunction in my 12 Gallon nano that fried my tank and killed absolutuly everything, I decided to take a break.

The one thing I never really had was a species only tank that concentrated all my experience and efforts towards one inparticular subject. Well that time has come! After Logging back in to the ARC the first Thread I read after almost 4 months was Bobz Breeding thread on the Baby Seahorses. That was enough to make me decide right then and there.

So I species only Seahorse tank it is! I'll start a new thread with the build as I go through it. Like I staed I went shopping yesterday and have made a few purchass already but I still have a pretty long way to go, I'm even going to go ahead and set-up a Nursery this weekend so that I can give raising some ponies a try.. Stay Tuned!

jgilley84 - The Cruise was via Norweign Cruise Lines, Prices are pretty good right now with the economy were it is.. The Cruise for 2 including Roundtrip air to and from Miami was right at $800. Just plan on taking around $500 with you because you'll easily spend that or more. We left on Friday arrived in Nassau on Saturday morning, spent the day there, then headed for Stirrup Cay which is a Private island owned by NCL. Snorkeling over the live reef in Nassau was great but you only get about an Hour. In Stirrup cay you can rent the gear for the whole day and Snorkel at your leisure. Wasn't really any reef at stirrup cay but nice rockwall full of life. 2 things that made the trip for me was seeing Clown Tangs everywhere, and coming up on a Lionfish that was easilyu the size of a Basketball.

Back