im done with Gobies. Sugestions?

fishtank

Market
Reaction score
After I lost my first Diamond Goby from my QT which had 1/2" egg crate on top I added mesh screen from a screen door on top of that and I stlil managed to lose my second diamond goby! Arghh, very disappointing. So as much as I like them im moving on.

In my 60g cube today I have 2 ocellaris clownfish, i purple firefish and 1 yellow watchmen/pistol combo. Also 2 cleaner shrimp and a bunch CUC. Now that the diamond goby is not going in im left thinking about altenatives. I was going to add a flame angel as my last fish but now im wondering could I add something like a flasher wrasse first then the flame angel?

Thoughts on stock amount and other suggestions appreciated. My wife loves that the clowns swim around and can be seen as the other 2 not so much.

Flashers and fairys will jump just as much, if not more, than gobies.

Spotted Mandarin, Sixline Wrasse, Tail Spot Blenny

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Fish aren't going to jump for no reason and any fish can jump.

Wrasses are know for jumping a lot. I've seen mine hit the screen top when my tang freaked him out.

both Diamond's were small enough to fit through the 1/2" egg crate, my DT has 1/4" screen on it so while I know there is nothing perfect I would think it be harder for a wrasse to get out then the goby no?

fishtank;960430 wrote: both Diamond's were small enough to fit through the 1/2" egg crate, my DT has 1/4" screen on it so while I know there is nothing perfect I would think it be harder for a wrasse to get out then the goby no?

Yes, if it's not a juvy.

Carpenter, McCosker and Fairy's are all great Flashers Wrasse. I think your wife would enjoy a Wrasse, they are usually active fish after they settle in the tank.

We have a Yellow Coris Wrasse and he is one of our favorites. If you ever do go back to gobies. The Yosha Goby is pretty amazing especially with a Randalls Pistol Shrimp.

Back